Membership is not required to participate in classes, dances, or any other event sponsored by Hotlanta Squares. In fact, we welcome and encourage everyone, regardless of their membership status, to attend all our events – the more the merrier!
With that said, we always welcome new members and we do encourage our graduates to become members after graduating the Basic / Mainstream class. Membership in Hotlanta Squares is open to anyone interested in all-position, modern western square dancing regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation in accordance with our Club ByLaws (Revised May 2012).
Benefits of membership include:
- Voting privileges for club elections and referendums
- Accidental medical insurance provided through United Square Dancers of America and liability insurance to protect the club and its members ($4.45/club member)
- Membership in the International Association of Gay Square Dance Clubs ($1.00/club member)
- Reduced ticket prices for Open House Nights and Membership Dances
- Subsidizes the cost of club logo embroidered vests
- Provide free snacks, food, and supplies for class nights and dances
- Provides funds for the purchase of club equipment such as fans, speakers, banners, etc.
- Enables us to participate in the annual Pride Parade
Joining is as easy as filling out the online Membership Form, then printing and mailing it, along with a check made payable to "Hotlanta Squares" to:
P.O. Box 15533
Atlanta, GA 30333
Alternatively, you can bring your printed membership form and cash or check to class, place them in the collection bag and note the payment on the sign-in sheet. If you are unable to fill out the online form, extra membership forms are also available during classes at the sign-in area.
Membership fees (for dancers and non-dancers) are due before February 1, 2015. The fee schedule is as follows:
- Standard Rate: $35
- Early Bird Rate: $30 before December 31, 2014
- Students who graduated in June, 2014: $15